Prox’N’Roll PC/SC features
- Multi-protocol Base station (PCD/VCD) in the RFID HF (13.56MHz) band : proximity (standards ISO/IEC 14443 A and B) and vicinity (ISO/IEC 15693 and 18000-3 mode 1 standards),
- T=CL protocol embedded in coupler’s firmware (256-byte frames),
- Supported contactless smartcards (PICC) (partial list) :
- NXP MIFARE® Classic et MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE Ultralight®, DESFire®, ProX, SmartMX,
- Infineon SLE66, STMicroelectronics ST19, Atmel AT88,
- S.T. Microelectronics SR176 et SRiX, ASK CTS256B et CTS512B,
- Inside Contactless PicoTag et HID iClass (numéro de série seulement),
- Calypso (incl. Innovatron radio protocol « 14443-B’ »)
- Tags specified by NFC Forum : Type 1 (Innovision Jewel or Topaz), Type 2 and Type 4,
- NFC objects or mobile phones running in 14443 card emulation mode (standards ISO/IEC 18092 and 21481).
- Supported RFID tags and labels (VICC) (partial list) :
- NXP ICODE1, ICODE-SLI,
- Texas Instrument TagIT,
- S.T. Microelectronics LRI.
- RFID transmission : 13.56MHz carrier, baudrate 106, 212 or 424 kbps (PCD mode – ISO/IEC 14443 standard), 26kbps (VCD mode – ISO/IEC 15693 standard),
- NXP/Philips Semiconductors RC632 chipset, with CRYPTO1 stream cipher unit and secure storage of MIFARE keys,
- Card operating distance : 0 to 6cm (depending on the card).
USB PC/SC interfaces
- Standard USB CCID profile, compliant with PC/SC version 2 specifications,
- USB 2.0 full-speed (12Mbit/s), USB 1.1 compliant, powered by the bus,
- Plug’N’Play support thanks to Microsoft’s usbccid driver on any Windows system,
- Supported by PCSC-Lite open-source PC/SC stack and driver on Linux and Mac,
- Embedded APDU interpreter, giving easy access to memory contactless cards (MIFARE, ICODE and others) through classical READ BINARY and UPDATE BINARY commands,
- Sample software and development kit for PC/SC available freely.
To ensure backward compatibility with earlier applications developed for CSB4, K663 or K632 using SpringProx API, this product may also be configured for « Legacy » operation.
Housing and environment
- 8cm diam., 3cm height,
- Red, green and blue LEDs,
- Single-tone beeper,
- Powered by USB.
A few applications…
- Identication of users or of valuables,
- Loyalty, private electronic purse, micro-payment,
- E-passport or other e-governement document,
- Contactless card personnalization and issuing.
This is a US version product.